So I would like to take this moment to apologize for the content that has been consuming the blog lately. I usually try to mix things up to keep things interesting however I seem to have become obsessed with this bike project. My only guilt is with the blog as I am actually very much enjoying my own project that I can sink myself into. I feel as though the blog is overdue for some welding, or machining, content however at this point I have nothing. One of my excuses is that the shop has been scattered with engine parts for the last few months and there has been no place to do anything else. I worked hard to keep the grinding down to a minimum since I had open engine cases lying around.
Well I am unpleased to announce that I have little to report on this week. The bike still consumes my time however I am starting to move onto the second phase of the project. Although I am still waiting for a few engine parts to show up the engine rebuild has been deemed a success therefore it is time to move onto the actual bike.
I will not bore you with details at this point in time as there are many factors that come into play as I start to develop a game plan to move forward. For the present it was time to get the shop cleaned up and all the engine parts packed away. I had spent time cleaning all my old parts and then bagging them. I kept everything that I did not use and archived it all in a plastic bin. Although some of the parts are old and broken it is still important to hang onto the components for reference. Especially if I need to build something, or purchase components aftermarket, I will always have some of the factory parts to be able to go back to.
Since I didn’t want to install my good engine back in the bike for mock up purposes I took some of my old engine parts and bolted them together to create an empty mock up engine case. I then installed the engine into the bike. I need to make some crucial decisions in regards to seating, and riding, positions for the bike as I plan on modifying the current arrangement. I will also start to begin a new process of ordering parts that will contribute to the cafe mods. There is a lot of work ahead of me and things always take longer than expected.
So for today I have left you with another blog positing about my 65 revive project. I will try and mix things up in the future, If there is something you want to see just let me know. For now I trek on.